Cell Phone Battery Care
You should charge your new battery a few times before using it.
This is referred to as initializing or forming and will enable you
to obtain maximum battery capacity.
NiCD Batteries be fully discharged before recharging. (A full charge
is suggested before storing)
NiMH Batteries remain in a fully charged state when not in use.
Storage is only acceptable up to 30 days without a charge.
LION Batteries should be charged, by a charging system, capable
of proper shut-off.
Lead-Acid Batteries can stored indefinitely. They should be charge
at 1/10th of their rated capacity.
Battery Do's & Don'ts (to maximize performance)
- Properly "condition" (fully charge/discharge for first
3 cycles) the battery when it is new.
- Keep the battery and the contact terminals clean.
- Avoid exposing the battery to extreme heat and cold.
- Use the battery. If possible, avoid letting your battery sit
dormant for long periods of time.
- Use only the phone options and accessories that you really need.
- Charge and re-condition a battery after an extended idle period.
- Toss, drop, or otherwise abuse the battery.
- Short-circuit the battery.
- Open and expose the cell contents.
- Modify the battery casing and/or housing.
- Allow the battery to be exposed to rain or excessive moisture.
- Incinerate a battery. Properly dispose of a used battery.